Thursday, February 21, 2008

We read, we blog?

Methinks the day dawns for us to become bloggers like everyone else, don't you? I mean if an author spends 10 years writing a book for us to gather around at our meetings to murmur, praise, shriek at, surely we can write a snippet or two on this here blog-thingy. (You know you've always wanted to be known as a Blogger, right?) Primarily, I'm hoping this blog will serve our short-circuiting memories well (no, I'm not mentioning any forgotten-already names) and perhaps help facilitate discussion at our meetings. And inform of pregnancy, intoxication, death, disease, fire, graduation, grandchildren, celebration of any kind, or anything else you want to babble on about (like I am now).

Anyway, perhaps also this blog could be a place for us to post when we've read an exciting book, and we just can't wait to tell one another, or our significant other/boss isn't interested in our literary highlife, or our memories have truly been zapped somewhere, and we need a quick depository. It could also be a place to list books for our next read. Or a calendar for are meetings or get-togethers. Please use it as you want. Please be a contributing author because that sounds extremly fantasy fulfilling (for us old English majors at least). I'll tell you how in a private e-mail.

Take care, and remember all those maxims of Poor Richard! Teri

4 comments:

angallen said...

How are those of you who have read the Ben Franklin bio & Montana liking these books? I have a enjoyed a couple of reads lately. The first is by the same author as "The Kite Runner" - "A Thousand Splendid Suns" and the other was Amy Tan's "Saving Fish from Drowning" both of which I really enjoyed.
I hope to come to a meeting this Spring. It looks like my family and I are moving to Houston, Texas though. Mitch got the job and will be getting settled sometime this month. The girls and I will join him down there for Spring Break and check out the schools and homes. I have mixed emotions having been in Mid-Mo my whole life and having so much family here.
Hope you are all well.
Angie

Sammy Book Club said...

I'm sorry to see you moving, Angie! Your comments on books/life have alway been so perceptive, etc. I'm sure this will be a crazy time for you. Call me if you need any help. Let us know the timetable of your departure and we'll go to a happy hour or do something for a proper goodbye.

Teri

Sammy Book Club said...

P.S. I'm enjoying both the B. Franklin book and Montana 1948.

Anonymous said...

Dearest Angie,

All my best wishes to you and your family as you head out on this adventure to Houston. Please let us know when you are leaving so we can plan a night, day, whatever out. I know you will be home to visit your family for holidays, so maybe you will be able to attend bookclub or we can get together. Since we have this blog, couldn't you still attend our book club, via the blog? I too have always valued your insights and intelligent comments regarding the books we've read and also value your recommendations. Your Friend, Monett