From the book The Sweet Potato Queens' Book of Love
(a former Sammy read)
½ cup sugar
1⅓ cups dark brown sugar
1 stick butter or margarine
4 eggs
3 tsp. (running-over) vanilla
2½ cups chunky peanut butter
2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
½ tsp. salt
20 oz. (approximately) Butterfinger BB’s or chopped up candy bars
In large mixing bowl, mix first 5 ingredients.
Stir in peanut butter.
Add flour, baking soda, salt, mix well.
Add Butterfinger candy and mix.
Drop teaspoon size blobs on cookie sheet and bake @ 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes. Do NOT over bake.
Makes approx. 6 dozen cookies.
Rhonda’s Notes:
To fully appreciate this recipe you need to read this very funny book. There are also some other YUMMY recipes.
I cut the recipe in ½ and it made 3 dozen cookies.
Friday, March 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Mmmm....I remember these cookies, Rhonda. And, I remember the book: didn't it become a face-off between those who appreciated the Sweet Potato Queens and those who appreciated Bridgette Jones? I remember being in the latter camp. Well, what can I say; I identify with the neurotic. :) Teri
Post a Comment